Slewing bearing meaningMay 15, 2023
slewing bearing for filling machineAugust 24, 2023
A slewing ring is a bearing used to support the weight and torque of a rotating structure. It mainly bears axial and radial loads, and can work on horizontal, vertical and inclined axes. Slewing rings are widely used in various industrial machinery and equipment, such as cranes, excavators, rotating platforms, solar trackers, etc.
A slew drive is a mechanical transmission used to effect the rotational motion of a rotating structure. It usually consists of motors, reducers, transmission wheels and gears, etc. The rotary drive can control the rotation speed and direction, and can bear certain axial and radial loads. Slewing drives are widely used in various industrial machinery and equipment, such as tower cranes, concrete pump trucks, aerial work vehicles, etc.
Therefore, the functions and application scenarios of slewing bearings and slewing drives are different, but they can also be used at the same time in some mechanical equipment to achieve more flexible and efficient rotation functions.
The following factors need to be considered when selecting a slewing ring and slew drive:
- Load and torque: The selection of slewing bearing and slewing drive should be determined according to the actual load and torque of the rotating structure. If the load and torque are large, a more powerful slewing ring and slewing drive should be selected.
- Rotation speed and precision: If high-speed rotation and high-precision control are required, the corresponding slewing bearing and slewing drive should be selected.
- Working environment: Different working environments have different requirements for slewing bearings and slewing drives. For example, if the working environment is harsh, you need to choose more corrosion-resistant and wear-resistant materials.
- Maintenance and maintenance: The maintenance and maintenance of slewing bearings and slewing drives also need to be considered. Some slewing rings and slew drives require regular inspection and lubrication, while others can be maintained for a long time without maintenance.
- Cost and benefit: Finally, the choice of slewing bearing and slewing drive also needs to consider cost and benefit. Under the premise of meeting the performance requirements, products with reasonable price and high cost performance should be selected.
In short, the selection of slewing bearings and slewing drives needs to be determined according to specific application scenarios and requirements. Various factors need to be considered comprehensively, and appropriate products should be selected to realize the support and rotation of the rotating structure.