- Transport and handling
The slewing bearings of our company have been packed carefully to avoid being damaged during transporting. The slewing bearing must be kept flat during storing and transportation. If the slewing bearing can’t be kept flat during transportation, special measures must be taken to securely fix it, and care must be taken during transportation to avoid any striking, especially a radial one.
- Special care should be taken when re1noving the package of the slewing bearing. Do not cut the dustproof ring, you had better cut on the external diameter but not on two end surfaces.
- Before installation, the datum plane of the slewing bearing and the installation plane of seat frame must be cleaned up with an industrial solvent, so as to remove other foreign matters such as greasy dirt, burr and paint, and fluorine solvents are prohibited . Don’t let the solvent flow into the sealing ring and rolling track while washing.
- Quenched rolling track soft tape of the slewing bearing (there is an external “S” mark or at plug-hole) should be located at a non-loaded area.
- The flatness of the binding face of the slewing bearing should be checked with a filler gauge and mechanical machining shall be taken if a clearance is found . If mechanical machining can not be taken, the clearance 1nay be packed by plastic or washers to prevent the rolling ring from distortion, which may affect the performai1ce of the slewing bearing.
- Before tightening the installation bolts, side clearance of tooth must be regulated according to the peak of radial run-out of the gear (three teeth with green mark). If there are several pinions, each pinion must be guaranteed to be regulated to the same state, so as to ensure that the pinion and gear ring can mesh and be aligned correctly. And carry out an inspection of the side clearance of tooth after the bolts are tightened.
- Tighten the bolts symmetrically in a direction of 180 degrees continuously to guarantee finally there is the same pre-tightening force in the bolts over the circumference.
- After installing is finished, enough lubricating grease should be poured into the slewing bearing.
Lubrication and maintenance
- Small quantity of No. 2 lithium base lubricating grease has been poured into the rolling track before the slewing bearing is delivered, users must pour new lubricating grease again while using according to different environments for use.
- Lubricating grease should be added regularly to the slewing bearing. Add once for every 100 hours in operation for ball type slewing bearing; while for roller type slewing bearing, it should be added once for every 50 hours in operation. For special working environments such as tropical areas, dusty areas and places where the temperature is very different or it works continuously, lubricating cycles should be shortened. New lubricating grease must be added adequately for a machine before and after being long-term out of use, and each time it must be filled fully when pouring lubricating grease, until it leaks from sealing place. The slewing bearing must be rotated evenly when pouring lubricating grease, so as to make it be packed evenly.
- Keep the tooth surface of the slewing bearing clean, often remove the greasy dirt on the tooth surface and apply new lubricating grease.
- The pre-tightening force of the bolt must be checked after the slewing bearing is operated for 100 hours and once for every 500 hours afterwards, so as to keep enough pre-tightening force for the bolt.
- The operation situation of the slewing bearing should be observed constai1tly in use and it must be stopped immediately if abnormal noises, striking, sudden power increasing are found, so as to remove fault, and dismantle and examine if necessary.
- lt is prohibited to rinse the slewing bearing when it is in use, so as to prevent water from entering into the rolling track of the slewing bearing, and hard objects are prohibited to be put close to the intermeshing area of the gear.
- Often check the sealing condition of the slewi11g bearing. Sealing tape should be changed in time if it is damaged, so as to prevent foreign objects from entering into the inside.