8 application fields of slewing bearingsSeptember 15, 2023
Excavator swing bearing repairDecember 14, 2023
Slewing bearings, also known as slewing rings or turntable bearings, come in various types to suit different applications and load capacities. Here are some common types:
- Single-Row Ball Slewing Bearings: These bearings consist of a single row of ball bearings and are suitable for light to moderate axial and radial loads.
Double-Row Ball Slewing Bearings: These bearings have two rows of ball bearings and can handle higher axial and radial loads compared to single-row types.
- Crossed Roller Slewing Bearings: They use crossed cylindrical rollers for increased load-carrying capacity and high rigidity. These are commonly used in heavy machinery like cranes and excavators.
- Three-Row Roller Slewing Bearings: Designed for even higher load capacity, these bearings have three rows of cylindrical rollers.
- Wire Race Slewing Bearings: These consist of an outer ring with a wire race and an inner ring with rolling elements. They provide excellent load-carrying capacity and durability.
- Four-Point Contact Slewing Bearings: These bearings are designed to handle axial, radial, and moment loads simultaneously. They are commonly used in applications like truck cranes.
- Ball-and-Roller Combination Slewing Bearings: These combine the benefits of both ball and roller elements to provide a balance between load capacity and efficiency.
The choice of slewing bearing type depends on factors such as the application, load requirements, and available space. Each type has its advantages and limitations, so selecting the right one is essential for the success of a particular project or machine.